Week 11: Alice in Sunderland Response


I definitely had my expectations when reading this comic and there were some things that surprised me as well. I've never read other adaptations of Alice in Wonderland before this one and I really enjoyed it though. Although the story was very good, I think the thing I enjoyed a lot more was the art style.

For something similar to Alice in Wonderland, I really wanted color and these weird drawings included. Which is exactly what was apart of this comic.The use of simple black and white line drawings and including these elaborate colors drawings with them. It really gives you a different feel when reading the story and it really makes your imagination expand. Adding to that I think the fact that they didn't just make the entire comic color was a great inclusion with what you get out of the comic. The type of line work that is used includes similar chaos to the comic book because it's so detailed, but there's no color to it.

I could imagine having this comic in my actual hands as a hard copy would be amazing. Especially with the pages that are complete color and full of these chaotic drawings and covers of Alice in Wonderland. I think you'd almost drift off into the actual comic with all of that information which would be amazing with this type of story.

Comments