Week 12: My Friend Irma Response


If I'm being completely honest, I really just clicked on this comic because "Stan Lee" was in the title on the Resource Page. However, after reading the first 2 pages I was so interested in the story to where I just continue reading all of them until I was finished. Something I noticed right off the bat was that the art style of these comics reminded me of the Archie Comics. I'm not sure if the same artist created the art style or if whoever created it found inspiration from the Archie Comics.

Anyways, after reading the first story I figured out that "My Friend Irma" isn't a comic that children should read. Not so much because there's nudity or profanity in it and it's not suitable for them. But because the humor seems to be a little bit more young adult/adult humor and jokes that children wouldn't understand. Not saying that's a bad thing, but it's just something I noticed while reading.

Another thing I really enjoyed about the comic was Irma herself, such an interesting character. She's such an amazing character and she really represents the "Dumb Blonde". However, in the comic, you see that her being the way she is kind of helps her in some ways. For example, the first story where Irma goes to see th

Comments